Francois Swart (VM78) – 29/04/2017 Every day in nature is special, at the same time a gift and an opportunity to broaden our horizons and increase our knowledge. Now, as I get older the retention of knowledge seems to be challenging, especially with the amounts of stuff that we...
Archive for category: Sweat the Small Stuff
Honorary Officer Association - North West Parks & Tourism Board
Roger Mayes 24/03/2017 Having somehow managed to get myself tagged with the label of the HO’s insect man, from time to time I get requests for assistance with identifying some of the varied and beautiful creatures which inhabit the undergrowth. So it came about that Machiel Ellis passed on...
Grasshopper or Locust?
It seems that the Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens is a popular place, especially for pensioners on a Tuesday, and being part of that group, my wife and I were walking towards the falls a few weeks ago when we saw a very striking insect strolling across the path, with...
Has anyone else seen a ………
Just before Christmas I went on one of my Tuesday-is-pensioner-day visits to the Walter Sisulu National Botanical Gardens in Roodepoort. Strolling up towards the top of the waterfall with my eyes pointing earthwards as usual, I noticed something very small moving erratically across the path. Closer inspection revealed that...
- On a hot summer’s day… Jun 23, 2020
- A furry family! Feb 20, 2020
- Pilanesberg walk Nov 2019 Feb 13, 2020
- Rhino stand-off… May 31, 2019
- PREDATORY BUTTERFLIES? NAH! Feb 14, 2019
- Activities (2)
- Borakalalo Game Reserve (1)
- Duty Diaries (4)
- Education and Literature (1)
- Kgaswane Mountain Reserve (1)
- Mafikeng Game Reserve (1)
- News (26)
- Pilanesberg National Park (2)
- Sweat the Small Stuff (14)
- Uncategorized (3)