Submitted by Lesley Cornish On an HO duty in April, we were driving along, when we saw a quite large white rhino quite far off. So we stopped and did some monitoring. It took us a while to sex him, because he was facing us. We did see he...
Archive for category: Uncategorized
Honorary Officer Association - North West Parks & Tourism Board
Rewards of undertaking a CWAC at Borakalalo
By: Lesley Cornish It was cold and dark when we left home early on the morning of the 22nd July. By the time we reached the day visitors’ area, it was light, but still fairly cold. For some reason (cold, recent fuel hikes…), there were only a few of...
Effect of a Fire in Pilanesberg
Lesley Cornish Just before our first Duty in Pilanesberg in 2018 (second weekend in January), a lightning strike had started a fire in the west of the park, and the fire was left to burn naturally. It should be remembered that the roads usually act as firebreaks, and...
- On a hot summer’s day… Jun 23, 2020
- A furry family! Feb 20, 2020
- Pilanesberg walk Nov 2019 Feb 13, 2020
- Rhino stand-off… May 31, 2019
- PREDATORY BUTTERFLIES? NAH! Feb 14, 2019
- Activities (2)
- Borakalalo Game Reserve (1)
- Duty Diaries (4)
- Education and Literature (1)
- Kgaswane Mountain Reserve (1)
- Mafikeng Game Reserve (1)
- News (26)
- Pilanesberg National Park (2)
- Sweat the Small Stuff (14)
- Uncategorized (3)